COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Heritage Medical Associates is closely monitoring the latest developments surrounding COVID-19. We are taking numerous precautions to ensure that our clinics remain a safe place for you to receive healthcare and to help limit the spread of COVID-19 within our communities.
VISITING YOUR DOCTOR'S OFFICE
For the safety of yourself and others, we ask that you follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Screening – We are screening all physicians, staff, patients and visitors at arrival for COVID risk factors, including fever, respiratory symptoms and potential exposure to the virus. Thank you for your patience during this process.
- Face Coverings - All physicians, staff, patients and visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the clinic. If you decline or are unable to wear a mask, you may be directed to contact your physician for alternative care options.
- Social Distancing - To avoid unnecessary exposure, please maintain good social distancing (about 6 feet or 2 arms’ length) between yourself and other people whenever possible. You will see signage throughout the clinic to assist with these efforts.
- Limit Visitors – We ask that you limit the number of people accompanying you to your visit according to our Visitor Guidelines.
- Hand Hygiene - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You should wash your hands after touching any item or surface that may be frequently touched by other people and before touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
We are now offering Virtual Visits for new and established patients. A Virtual Visit is a face-to-face video conference with your physician. If you have an upcoming appointment, your physician may request that you convert your appointment to a Virtual Visit. Your physician is best positioned to know which appointments can be completed via Virtual Visit. Learn more about Virtual Visits.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms (new/worsening cough or shortness of breath or new loss of taste or smell), have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks or are awaiting test results, please call your physician's office prior to coming to an HMA clinic.
The Department of Health has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The hotline number is 877-857-2945 and will be available from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Central daily. Below are links to additional resources and guidance: